Saturday, 6 May 2017

The Mole People

I am delighted to have Pamellia back on board on sharing her thought on some excellent reads.



What a delightful read!  This is the best story I have read for a while.  It's full of interesting characters which are amazingly developed for such a short story, action and suspense. 

We start out with a father and young girl, his baby, waiting for a subway train in the wee hours of the morning.  The train is not on time, so waiting at 1:30 am becomes frustrating for the father and a bit scary for the little girl. She has heard stories of people who live underneath the subways in the many tunnels.  Her father assures her these people do not exist and there is no reason to be frightened.

The train does arrive and that's when the story really takes off.  There are twist and turns for the train and also the story.  Not too much more I can say without giving away the ending.I love a story that can be read in one sitting and this was such a story.  

There was a lot to it for only a few pages, I think less than 25.  We get to know the characters, their emotions and their deeply guarded grieves and fears.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a well written story.  5 stars for a wonderful job!  I always enjoy Mr. Light's stories, but this has got to be my favorite so far.  

5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment